View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #138
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I think that might be the point. They can't link Ben's Batman to Christian's narratively, but can do so thematically, so he isn't a huge "culture-shock" to the audience following only 3 years. But we'll see him transition hopefully to a more traditional- for want of a better word- Batman.
True, I mean just because he is "tired and weary" in this film doesn't mean he will always be that way. It's like the Daniel Craig Bond trilogy, where the first two films were sort of a pseudo origin story for how he becomes classic Bond because it's a reboot. But then in Skyfall they act like Bond has been in the business for too long, he is the old dog. Now this doesn't make much sense when looking at the other two movies but it makes sense for the story they wanted to tell and in Bond 24 it's likely he will go back to a more youthful Bond again. I feel like this approach could be what they are doing for Batman, where the character's state is subtly changed in different movies to suit the individual story they want to tell rather than the other way round.

"I aim to misbehave."