View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #531
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Except they already established he was dead by Jean Grey, the one who killed him, confirming it, as well as watching Xavier feeling his psychic bond destroyed.

Do you realize how convoluted "kidnapped at Alkali Lake and hanging with Mr. Sinister for 10 years" sounds?

Straight out of a soap opera.

Xavier came back because, given his telepathic powers, the ability to mind swap himself is within the realm of logic. Jean Grey wasn't really there in The Wolverine, she was in his imagination.
I don't think it makes any less sense than Jean Grey surviving in some sort of psychic cocoon or Xavier mind jumping into another body.

That being said, I don't think that implausibility is the real barrier stopping Cyke from coming back. If Fox wanted him to return, they could make it happen.

The problem is that Fox probably has no desire to bring him back. Yeah, there's been some fan backlash over TLS, but I'm not convinced it's enough to make a difference. If Fox cared about Cyke, they wouldn't have treated him like an obstacle in Wolverine's way in the first place. Fox is probably GLAD that Scott is gone.