View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #541
herolee10
No More Miracles

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
That's a shame.

I guess the mentality of "it's not about the destination, but instead about the journey" doesn't apply to you.

That's like saying I can't enjoy Terminator 2 because Terminator 3.

Or that I can't feel emotion when Gandalf dies in Fellowship Of The Ring because he comes back in The Two Towers.

I hate what was done to Cyclops in X-Men: The Last Stand as much as anyone, and despite my love of that film, to this day still think it's the worst thing to happen to the franchise.

But a younger version of Cyclops being introduced in a First Class sequel, and showing how he became the leader of the X-Men, his significance to the team, his father / son relationship with Xavier, and his relationship with Jean Grey, I think would be something incredible that can help build up the character in ways that he hasn't been in the future, and would be quite the experience, his disappointing fate aside.
Well to be honest, I really don't think you could use the Gandalf situation as a example since Gandalf was portrayed so well even after he returned from the afterlife.

And regarding Terminator 2 and 3, well if I'm not mistaken, Terminator 2 was supposed to be "it" for Cameron's take of the story. The way it ended as well didn't leave room for anything else from his original version so anything that came afterwards was just someone else's attempt to continue a story that had already concluded.