View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #63
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

So that's why he didn't save him? Some selfish intrinsic reason, nothing to do with the greater good as he understood it or anything of that sort. Just his secret id like some sort of peter parker observing a missile fall into a baseball stadium he's in type of scene...
He was abiding Pa Kents wishes to not out himself as a godlike alien, thus causing massive ramifications on society. The Clark I know really wouldn't care less about that when a human life is in danger; he would make the 'mistake'.

Quote:
It's so clear when you compare it to something of entirely different context such as AllStar. The better example would have been to put the all star characterization in the mos scenario....
Cause if we take 2 seconds to put young cavill in the all star scenario, what do you think would happen?
I wasn't comparing those two scenes. I was comparing Jor-El telling a 33-year old Clark that he can 'save everyone' and be all this to them, to the All-Star scene of a much younger Clark already thinking he can 'save everyone'.

So not sure what you mean putting Cavill in the All-Star scenario. They're clearly two different characters.

Quote:
Ultimately it boils down to this, "clark just watching"
Take that same scene and remove jon kent's wishes, once that's done, look at how much clark the kid, really cared about keeping his secret.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. He cried out in pain? But still let it happen...