Thread: The Story.
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #64
herolee10
No More Miracles

Default Re: The Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthom19802 View Post
I will throw in that I would love to see some "control" shown and/or discussed. JLU did it for three minutes and SV did it for like ten minutes (Clark hangover) but it's never really talked about or displayed how careful he has to be all the time in every single situation.

The guy could sneeze and cause a 10 car pile-up and the fact that he maintains this control while still doing all of the spectacular things he does is - to me - another aspect of his character that I think people simply don't think about because nobody ever puts it out there.

As I've said before, some of my favorite stories are those like Peace On Earth and Birthright because they show a side of frustration that arises from not being able to be everywhere, all the time. So I say if we can show some frustration, how about we also show some gracefulness he has to maintain on an almost daily, all the time basis in order to keep those around him safe and appear normal.
True; also, there was one thing that I did like seeing in Daredevil (2003) that I wouldn’t mind seeing played in MOS.

I think this was something that was played in the comics, but since we’re talking about control here, imagine if we were to see in MOS, where Clark couldn’t control his superhearing and that there were times where he wakes up in the morning or other times even, where his hearing would go off and that he would hear so many cries for help at once, and that he wasn’t sure as to which one to respond to first and all of that. That could provide for some great drama on screen, while further elaborating on what Superman said in SR, on how he always hears the world crying out for help (need of a savior figure).