View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #194
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Immortal View Post
I think Batman Begins, out of all those choices, is actually the worst origin story by far. Most of us likely came from comics so it's hard to see the movie without any bias. But if you look objectively, there's one gigantic problem with BB: Nolan's Bruce Wayne/Batman is utterly pathetic.

If you really take a good look at the story, you can barely even call Nolan's Batman a superhero. He doesn't come up with the idea of creating a figure people can fear, Ra's does. He needs constant pep talks from both Rachel and Alfred because of his cripplingly low intelligence and aptitude for failure. He doesn't create any of his gear, Lucius makes all of it. He doesn't really show any kind of detective skills or strategic ability other than buying his own stocks then acting like a smug jerk about it. In Nolanverse, Bruce is basically a thug with superior equipment. (That he had no hand in creating.) So basically, because Nolan's Batman can do nothing by himself and shows virtually no heroic qualities other than willingly getting his ass handed to him when testing out his equipment, I don't see this as much of an ''origin'' story.

From all that, you'd probably think I didn't like BB. But I actually do, a lot. I just can't bring myself to see it as a Superhero movie or even a Batman movie because of how completely different it is than the source material.

I don't hear that much. But well, Goyer felt like he needed to verbally explain everything through speeches or very informative dialogues. My favourite worst is the monorail conversation between Bruce and his father. That's the pinnacle of unnatural dialogue.

Another thing that left me 'huh' was the fact that Joe Chill was immediately captured. Traditionally it's the killer going unpunished what makes Bruce thinki 'this gotta change,' but here he sees that police and institutions work. He just changes hius mind later on when he's in his 20's and Chill is released.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote