View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #738
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I was fine with Sony rebooting the series after 3. While I didn't like the 3rd one, I do feel that it did pretty much tie up the loose ends from the first two and resolved the main story archs. It feels like an ending in that, Harry knows the truth about Norman, Peter knows what happened to his uncle and can let go , and MJ and Peter's love has gone through the trials and in the end, its inferred at least, that they'll start over. It felt like the story was over , even if I didnt like the creative choices they made.

I sort of view it in a similar vein of the Nolan trilogy in that , Raimi, like Nolan, completed and bookended the story threads and character archs that were put in place from the first film. While Spiderman 3 wasn't a sort of total ending that TDKR was , and could have spawned more sequels, I still think that it was a complete ending to the story that was told over the first two films.
Oh yeah, I totally agree. While I would have loved to see more from Raimi, SM3 wraps up enough for the series to feel completed.

I'm grateful that Raimi got the rare 3 film set. God knows how I mourn the potential third Singer X-Men film we could have had.