View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #17
Suzanne78
Abs Without Fear

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Agreed. I don't need explanations for any of those gadgets either. It would be like wanting an in-depth explanation of every one of James Bond's gadgets. I know that he's a spy in a world where these cool gadgets can be made. That's all I need to know. I don't need to know why each specific one was made, what the logic behind them was ect.
I think it helps that all the advanced tech stuff looks pretty uniform and consistent as well. On AoS and the IM movies, as well as Fury's Car in TWS and Pierce's computer wall, it all has the similar transparent glow (the bluish-green with a little bit of color mixed in…) that Tony's AI had in the very first IM movie, so for me, that really set the stage for the things that would come in future movies.

Also, I know it's a point of consternation for some, but having things based on some sort of Stark Industries arc reactor tech or Stark Industries itself (isn't that who made Falcon's jetpack) allows the audience to handwave much of the implausible stuff. Not everyone, for sure, as The Guard demonstrates, but I do think as a device it works really well. Sure it runs the risk of having people tire of Tony Stark but it helps keep the tech aspect of the Marvel Studio movies on an even keel and thus the movies don't get bogged down with exposition that takes away from the stories or the character.