View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #24
Suzanne78
Abs Without Fear

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

Addressed to The Guard:

Given that they explored Falcon as a war vet/PTSD survivor/counselor who lost his own wingman and connected with Steve in that fashion, I'm not sure what else you'd want the film to explore. TWS used its 130 mins. quite effectively, IMO. A great balance of character moments and development and action. The Steve and Sam bond was one highlight. My opinion, of course.

But I'm kind of at a loss at what other themes they could've explored with Falcon that was relevant to the Winter Soldier story and to Steve Rogers' development.

Quote:
The problem was previously released films were always being brought up and compared to a new film and to feel special about the new film, the old films are being called overrated, etc.
Conversely, people bring up older films to discredit the accomplishments of a new film. It, unfortunately, works both directions.