View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #83
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Default Re: Barry & Caitlin - The SnowBarry Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
In a perfect world, they would have started this show by NOT having Barry presented as Iris's foster brother and where Danielle was the one portraying that character, but without all of the baggage that came with Candice's characterization (not blaming the actress, just the writing).

Even IF Barry and Candice's Iris weren't foster siblings, the chemistry that they have between each other feels like a sibling one at times. Honestly, the Arrow-Verse has it all wrong.

Oliver on "Arrow" should have hooked up and stayed with one of the Black Canaries on that show, instead of getting together with Felicity....while Barry should have not been paired with his canon love interest as it is on this show and just end up with someone new like Caitlin.lol

And maybe it's just me but Grant and Danielle have had more (unintentional) chemistry with each other than with the actors that their characters have been romantically paired up with (Barry with Iris & Caitlin with Ronnie/Hunter/Julian).
I think they were going to then Johns and Berlanti thought they had a gold nugget in Candice taking over the show with Iris but had no plan with the character or her relationship with Barry who was her step brother growing up. I blame the actress because it's the performance that counts too and I'm sorry, she is not as strong or believable as a leader like Danielle is as Caitlin.

Right, the chemistry is non-existent, you can't sustain a house that is built on sand, there is no foundation for them as a couple. Nothing likable or redeemable, they bring out the worst in each other. The funeral crash/impromptu shotgun wedding scene was not helping them out. They had it all wrong then and they still do now.

I think what happened was they made a mistake in listening to the fans instead of going with the comics canon. Olicity is just unbearable to watch on screen. It's like someone paired Oliver with a 10x more annoying version of Cisco. I can't stand to watch their drama drag a once great show, he should have built something with Laurel, if she had better writing like Sara did, she would have made a difference, in this case, the writers decided to make it all about Felicity and Olicity. See a pattern here with Flash.

The writers are aware that Grant and Danielle have amazing chemistry and are afraid of it trumping whatever Iris and Barry "have" because it's in written in the script. It's also something they didn't plan. Otherwise they wouldn't be going out of their way to separate them this much. The writers are also afraid of the rabid fans calling them racial slurs let's not forget that irrelevancy. That's why I think to keep Caitlin away from Barry they might pair her up with Ralph for a short while, like with Julian last season. It seems more of a rewrite of Caitlin going through guys and having them either dead or disappear when Barry is right there.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote