View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #157
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Just saw "My son, my son, what have ye done?" with Shannon. I know Shannon comes off as being quite humrous, but "My son, my son, what have ye done?" along with "Take Shelter" seems to be Shannon in roles closest to him character-wise. I cant understand what about MOS and Zod made him get involved. I also cant understand what made the producers go for this kinda of actor. I mean, Shannon's a very interesting choice, but I really have no idea where he'll take the role. I guess an intense Zod with piercing eyes is a lock, but I cant really picture Shannon being very physical.
Well money for starters.He said in one interview that they was paying him an awful lot of money to do it.Like the cosmic said, He is an actor and he have range.If you been following this movie then you would know that zod will be physical all the way from krypton to earth.He will be more of a general and give orders but he will get his hand dirty too.He won't be a 1 dimensional villain like zod from superman 2 was.He'll be a 3 dimensional villain.He will not be completely evil the whole movie like Stamp version was.Shannon talk about this in his interviews last year.