View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #288
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
If a further film gets made after this, and I still hope it does:

Cyclops - leader (if Singer is bothering to bring him/Jean back in his attempts to fix ****, then I do believe the character will begin to be utilised properly).

Storm - headmistress and/or second in command. It won't be a demotion. It probably one even be addressed. She'll play a key role in the team. 'Nuff said.

Wolverine - maverick, as you suggest. That is how he works best. He'll get many times to shine/fight scenes but won't 'lead' the team. IMO studio interference will have lessened since the days of Rothman and the movieverse Wolverine is the lovable rogue type figure.

For me, those are the best defined roles for the characters and the ones that they slot into the easiest.

Though to be honest, I expect to see a more balanced team in any future films, particularly if Rogue is fully powered and we have an in-control Phoenix. All the characters will have more to add to the unit.

This is great!

I like the whole Professor X/Magneto dynamic, but it has been 13 years (14 next year), and it's time to move on. If they killed off Xavier (or Magneto for that matter), or wrote him as being out of the picture somehow, I'd be fine with it.