View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #453
DarKush
Side-Kick

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Not only that but the motion comic that they released of Hudlin's first six issues supposedly has sold really well. I remember some people on other forums saying that it sold pretty well, but I can't find anything concrete on it. I hope that people saw how cool he was in EMH, and although I dislike how they're coming on with this new Avengers Assemble crap I hope he eventually shows up well there.
I heard somewhere as well that the Panther DVD sold well. I got my copy. It's a shame that BET didn't support it more. Though I wish the animation had been different, it was a good start, with an excellent cast.

That being said, in regard to Dr. Cosmic, I don't think that Panther needs to prove himself in an animated series before he gets a live-action movie. It's not like the cartoon and movie fans will be synonymous. Potentially there will be more fans for the live-action movie and we all know that movie folks don't always strictly hew to previous cartoon or comic incarnations for ideas anyway.

I think the cartoon first idea is an unnecessary hurdle to be placed before the Panther.

What I think would help ease into a solo film is for Panther to have a nice role in Avengers 2 or 3 preferably. If not that, then perhaps in one of the other Marvel films, or maybe even the SHIELD show.