View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:53 AM   #2576
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Default Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen news,info, etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
The flaw in that logic is that your mixing continuities.I pointed out the G1 cartoon in my post and there was no "Sentinel Prime" in the G1 toon.

But since you brought it up......he was only 2nd in command in name only.

He was not an effective 2nd under either "Prime", his orders were questioned if no disobeyed, a good number of his troops left his side as soon as Optimus was lost in limbo.

Sorry but he's just not the natural choice for a 2nd in command role.
The first movie already mixed both the cartoon and the comics, so I have no doubt this one will as well. In that regard, Prowl should be in there as 2nd in command.

Quote:
A shame
Truly, awesome character.

Quote:
He's an effective leader.

He's been portrayed as such in the toon and the comics.

Regardless if he's not a lieutenant, he would make a far more natural and logical 2nd in command.
He is an effective leader of a small group, being 2nd in command to Optimus Prime of all the Autobots is a totally different situation.

Quote:
Rank isint everything.

Natural ability and effectiveness are whats needed for a 2nd in command durring a war.

Rank can be given or earned.
Ability and effectiveness are the things that get you a high rank, so Prowl did something right in the comics, whether we got to see it or not, Prowl did something to earn his status, so IMO, it would be natural for him to take over Jazz's role in the first movie.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7