View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #105
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: My Team is Better Than Your Team! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Do the Warriors even sell enough jerseys to warrant this?
If they keep winning and wind up surprising someone in the playoffs, I think they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Pop and the Spurs are lucky to have one another.
True. I actually don't think Pop's style would work as long with too many other teams in the league. Besides Timmy, Parker & those guys naturally having the type of personality that's more conducive to his brand of coaching, the market helps too. There was no real "identity" or rich tradition to San Antonio Spurs basketball that Pop had to fit into, he's creating that now. I liken it to Jerry Sloan & Utah during his 90s tenure there. The right mix of player type, market & coaching and you'll see that consistency.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather