View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #79
theMan-Bat
Team Classic DC

Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Since it's likely Henry Cavill will reprise his Superman role in Justice League, I expect the costume designer to keep the same design from MOS but offer some minor changes and adjustments. I imagine the differences are similar to the costume changes Chris Hemsworth wore in Thor, The Avengers and Thor: The Dark World.
Man of Steel director Zack Snyder said that his and Chris Nolan's version of Superman (Henry Cavill) wont appear in the Justice League movie. “See the thing is, like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I’m doing with Superman and what they’ll do with Justice League will be just it’s own thing with it’s own Batman and it's own Superman, and so we’ll be over here with our movie, so they’ll kind of get to do it twice which is kind of cool.”

Man of Steel writer David Goyer said that he and producer Christopher Nolan are trying to make their Superman grounded in the real world (rather than grounded in the DC Universe), “What Christopher Nolan and I have done with Superman is try to bring the same naturalistic approach that we adopted for the Batman trilogy. We always had a naturalistic approach, we want our stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in. It’s not that easy with Superman, and actually this doesn’t necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened. How would people react to this? What impact would the presence of Superman in the real world have? What I really like to do is write ‘genre’ stories without a cartoonish element. I did the same with Da Vinci’s Demons, and I’ll do the same with Man of Steel.”
http://collider.com/superman-man-of-...erview/199144/
Man of Steel director Zack Snyder said, "Superman lives in the real world. And it probably will be the most ‘real’ movie I’ve made."
http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...ic=8289.0;wap2
Poking some fun at the concept of a superhero group that would have Batman standing alongside Green Lantern, Christian Bale and his 3:10 to Yuma co-star Russell Crowe teased that perhaps Russell Crowe could play Robin. But getting serious for a moment, Christian Bale said, “We’ve done something very good with our Batman, and so I would not do anything that wasn’t in keeping with what we were doing,” Bale explained. Reminded that Justice League would feature a different director, Bale added: “No, that’d be a whole different world. It wouldn’t work.”
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/08/23...ustice-league/
Nolan: “I don’t think our Batman, our Gotham, lends itself to that kind of cross-fertilization. It goes back to one of the first things we wrangled with when we first started putting the story together: Is this a world in which comic books already exist? Is this a world in which superheroes already exist? If you think of Batman Begins and you think of the philosophy of this character trying to reinvent himself as a symbol, we took the position — we didn’t address it directly in the film, but we did take the position philosophically — that superheroes simply don’t exist. If they did, if Bruce knew of Superman or even of comic books, then that’s a completely different decision that he’s making when he puts on a costume in an attempt to become a symbol. It’s a paradox and a conundrum, but what we did is go back to the very original concept and idea of the character. In his first appearances, he invents himself as a totally original creation.”
GB: "That doesn’t lend itself to having him swing on a rope across the Metropolis skyline."
Nolan: "No, correct, it’s a different universe."
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2008/...ristopher-n-2/

Manbat I adore you, those articles were amazing thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Honesty, God bless you Man-Bat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Wow, brilliant post, man. Seriously, I couldn't possibly counter debate that. That post is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. You're obviously a true scholar of Batman lore
You've convinced me. Well played, sir. It's great to debate with someone who has the hard facts to back up what they say
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote