View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #85
D.P.
Banned User

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I can see why people think this way, but I don't think the video game renders are any better as a guide to how a live action costume might work, because they can make all the same "cheats" as a drawing in a comicbook. For example, the neck area, which is seemingly so problematic for costume designers, can simply be designed to look like a muscular human neck covered by skin-tight fabric, all of it being completely flexible. Similarly, human musculature can simply be drawn as if it bulges through whatever armour is supposed to form the costume.

The costume designer has to deal with an actual human body and actual fabrics. For that reason, I find a 2d design that clearly represents realistic anatomy and shows fabric working in a plausible fashion, to be more informative than a video game render.
True, they do make some of the same cheats/shortcuts, that's why I said changes would be necessary. I agree.

Luckily, we have had designers do all the hard work and trail blaze for us so that we don't have to.

Thank whoever came up with that move-able neck.

Arkham suit on a realistically proportioned human being with a move-able neck area and downsized gauntlets and boots? Still not willing to come to the dark side?

Last edited by D.P.; 08-10-2013 at 07:15 AM.