Thread: Hank Pym?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #261
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: Hank Pym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
Agree to disagree. As someone who's been reading Iron Man for the last 10+ years, Iron Man 3 was about as accurate to the comics as X-Men 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It may have been a continuation of Iron Man 2 but it did not match the tone or spirt of the source material. I wanted "Iron Man 3" (loosely based upon the comic book character). Instead I got "Robert Downey Jr. starring as himself in Lethal Weapon 5 with a cameo by Marvel's Iron Man armor". However, if that's how you feel I'm afraid we'll NEVER see eye-to-eye. Agree to disagree.
You were bothered that he wasn't in the suit enough?

I liked that. I like taking a character and putting him in a situation he's not usually in. You get some neat stuff when you do that. I don't see that as being unfaithful to the source material, I see that as doing something new with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
EDIT: And the Mandarin hasn't been a racial caricature in ten years.
He's still got shades of it. His "chi powers" and hell the name alone are still a little racist. Turning him into a white guy certainly is a step forward in the "let's have him not be a racial caricature anymore" thing.

The Question is offline   Reply With Quote