View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #7659
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Default Re: DC Comics Character Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
I find it funny that numerous people give examples of how one character or another could use their surroundings against their opponent and people debate that for pages but tell them it's not an arena bout and they're like WTF? Gen I've heard you give such examples in the past as well as agree or disagree with the ones others have given but I've never seen you or anybody say that these things couldn't happen because it's an arena bout but now all of a sudden you're told it's not an arena bout and you're arguing about it.
At no point have I have been "WTF?" when being told that something is not an arena bout IF THE BOUT ITSELF IS MENTIONED TO NOT BE AN ARENA BOUT.

I have no issue with any match-up being a different circumstance.

BUT...

If I'm not given any stipulations I THEN ASSUME its an arena bout because its the fairest, most balanced scenario.

I'll bust balls with EVERYONE over stipulations. Gen, Canary, whoever... If I get a Moon Knight bout I'll ask when it is... what the phase of the moon is... s*** like that. Because there's no default setting for something like that.

But in terms of fight scenario... There's already a pre-anounced default which I figured people had all agreed to as being fair (mainly because it is).

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."