View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #823
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Default Re: Fast and Furious 6 Is A Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Do you not think you are the minority in thinking Dwayne Johnson is a terrible actor with no charisma?

I don't know why you're surprised they're trying to go bigger.
I never said he didn't have charisma. I don't know why people think having charisma makes you a good actor. I don't know how that has anything to do with quality. Johnny Knoxville, Ashton Kutcher, Sean William Scott, Nick Cannon...those guys have charisma. There are also good/great actors who just ooze charisma like Bill Murray, Robert Downey Jr, Paul Rudd just to name a few. Having charisma just means you love doing what you are doing and it shows. That's fine, I can't knock the man for loving his job. That just doesn't mean he is doing a great job.

I have seen a lot of these people in here bashing dumb movies for being dumb movies (Transformers) and they are now defending a dumb movie actor because he has charisma??? The Rock is the next Ahnold whoever said that in here. Ahnold is not a good actor at all. Again, his best movie is the one where he played an emotionless robot. The Rock is the same...his filmography is terrible.

But...back to my original point. I liked the last movie (aside from Dwayne) but this one just seems like it is jumping the shark after already jumping the shark once but coming back to it's roots to then try and prepare to hit the shark jump ramp again. It just looks outlandish. I will of course give it a shot but I have no hopes and I won't be shocked if it gets beat down by some snarky wrestling move that I would say right here if I watched wrasslin. The last movie was a genuine surprise in terms of quality for me at least. I was generally surprised given how terrible this franchise actually is.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.