View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #62
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Default Re: Ultimate One Universe RPG: IC Thread

"So what's you're next move?" Alfred asks me over breakfast. I've filled him in with the happenings of last night, and he seems impressed with my progress, and the information I've gathered.

"I thought it was obvious," I respond, leaning back in my chair. "I'm going to hit the shipment drop off. Destroy their incoming stock. That'll get their attention."

"It won't be as easy as taking on one unsuspecting man in an alley. They'll know you're coming. They'll be ready," he warns.

"I know," I nod. "But so will I. I've got a plan."

"Good. You're gonna need it."

I sit over the grapple gun in the lab, tinkering with the firing mechanism. The pressurized air they were using to shoot it off just isn't powerful enough for the use they want, but what I'm doing should do the trick. Not to mention the interesting grapple modifications I made to it.

"You look tired," a voice from the other side of the table says. I look up to see Barbara smiling at me from the door. "Nervous?"

I let out a laugh and offer her a seat at the table. "A little," I lie. "I think I've got it working, but there's only one way to be sure, really."

"And what's that?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Well a field test of course," I answer in a cocky tone.

"Oh, so you're signing yourself up for that huh?"

"Yea, I think I could do a pretty good job with it," I smile. "I'm pretty light on my feet. It'll be fun to swing around Gotham."

"I'm not sure Mr. Fox would appreciate a joyride around the city with government funds."

"Oh, don't worry. What I have in mind is much more serious than that."

"Purely scientific, I'm sure," she says with a knowing tone in her voice.

"Of course."

"Good," she says, heading back to her own workspace. "Hope you don't show up in a body cast tomorrow."

"So what you're saying is," Carmine Falcone says between sips of wine, "is that some freak in a unitard beat the crap outta you? And then, you told him where you're bringing in my next shipment?"

Falcone goes for a piece of bread, dipping it into some olive oil, the liquid dripping onto his chin as he brings it to his mouth.

"Well," Skeevers begins before being cut off by the mob boss.

"No, no of this 'Well' ****. Yes or no, Skeevers. Yes or no?"

"Yes," he responds with fear in his voice.

"There, was that so hard?" Falcone asks, before looking at the men standing on each side of Skeevers, pointing at them with his bread. "That didn't seem hard, did it boys?"

They each silently shake their head.

"Boss, I'm sorry. I really am. But he was like a phantom-"

"I don't care what he was like," Falcone responds, angry and annoyed. "All I know is now this wackjob knows where our shipment is coming in. So what are you going to do about that?"

"Boss?"

"I asked what we were going to do about it," he responds severely. "Is that a hard question to understand, boys?"

Again, the men shake their head.

"No, I didn't think so. So I'll ask again, Mr. Skeevers. What are you going to do about that?"

"I'll make sure security is beefed up," he says, trying to be more confident. "More men then I usually bring. No one is going to mess with this shipment, boss. I promise."

"Good. Make sure of it," the mob boss responds, wiping his mouth with a napkin, before nodding to one of the men, who proceeds to stick a gun in Skeevers's mouth. "Because I expect people to keep their promises. Now go. Get outta my face, and make sure my drugs are out on the streets on time."