View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #289
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
That was my point its an origin movie vs an stablished 6 hero movie I didn't begin with that comparisson just I clarified the point that not all fans, people loved all the movies.. but some people took it like an argument...
Right, you can't compare an origin film or solo movie to an established franchise that's putting together a dream team of superheroes. It's like those people who were comparing the box-office success of TDK or TDKR to Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Ummm...yeah. The same people who watched TDK had a very good chance of watching The Avengers.
Not really. There's certainly an audience for TDK and that trilogy as a whole, that watched those films because they had their feet planted firmly into a more serious crime drama type of genre. Rather than the bulk of comic book movies, sci-fi, "superhero dream teams" or anything that involved alien invasions, superpowers, etc. There's a great amount of people who don't watch ANY comic book movies yet they caught onto TDK-Trilogy because it was like watching some action-drama or a gangster film. Something like that. There's even a lot of filmmaker fans (whether that be of Nolan's or of directing in general) who would throw their nose up at Avengers yet they were interested in what Christopher Nolan, the guy who made Memento, had to say with a 200 million dollar budget.

So no, only a section of the people who saw TDK went on to see Avengers in the cinema automatically. A huge amount but I wouldn't say the majority.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc