View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #299
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
We could have gotten something else, sure, but the eight year gap doesn't effect me as much as others because Batman had already done plenty within his year of activity. But this isn't where I'm supposedly "close minded" about. I'm supposedly "close minded" about with the idea that some can actually say that Nolan didn't have the heart in TDKR and didn't truly follow up TDK the way it "should've been", but yet Nolan has said that he felt this was the natural progression to go. To say the director acted like this or that is just petty to say, imo.
Nobody says Nolan didn't have his heart in it, they say it feels like Nolan didn't have his heart in this movie because the quality of it is a dramatic drop from the previous two movies.

A director doesn't have to physically say it in an interview. It shows in his work. Like an artist.

Quote:
Think what you'd like to believe, I'm sure you always will anyways, but I just know that in the beginning, people tried to compare the two without viewing one film as itself. I rarely read as many comparisons with BB and TDK as I read between TDK and TDKR.
I'd love to see where all these comparisons were. I really would.

Quote:
And I'll take the asinine talk of Nolan having no heart in making TDKR seriously as well with proof, lol
As I already said it's not stated as a fact. As an opinion based on the quality of the movie itself.

Quote:
Hah, okay. That's why there has been articles of the problems with TDKR that no one ever talks about that indeed happened in BB and TDK...alright...
BB and TDK had plenty of articles picking apart their plots, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
And, for TDK, a frame from when Bruce is in the chair with the cowl in his hands and the armour all over the floor. I just can't find a picture of it for some reason.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 05-15-2013 at 11:48 PM.