View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #530
brainchild81
THE MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
They didn't take Hal seriously because the film didn't work for them. It has nothing to do with Hal as a character, especially considering that he was written differently in the movie than he is in the comic books. Perhaps a comic book accurate Hal (a mana LITERALLY without fear, a take-charge, born leader and a James T. Kirk who hits on anything that walks) wouldn't have worked either, but you don't know that for sure. Just like you also don't know that John Stewart (even a 100% comic book accurate one) would have been received any better than Hal was.
I want J.Stewart to be JLU accurate, but I get your point. I've said it b4 myself. The whole GL concept might not work w/the audience. I just think a hardcore marine has more of a chance than a test pilot w/green dominatrix mask
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I wouldn't normally put it on Reynolds, but when you think about it, maybe we should put SOME of the blame on this guy. If there's a pattern, 3 comic book movies that he chose to do, that all turned out a complete joke. Obviously the guy has no idea what a good script is. At least when it comes to the genre.
You have a good point. RR does pick a lot of garbage comic flicks
. Now I reeeeeeeally don't wanna see him in JL. Bad omen x1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
common sense would say so but iron man 2 sucked almost as hard as gl and that hasn't stopped anyone from throwing their money at iron man 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The movie would have been hurt had Avengers not exploded last year and made people forget.
Ditto. And IM2 didn't suck anywhere near as much as GL did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Chiwetel Ejiofor for John Stewart.

Pissed that I didn't think of that 1st. Good pick!

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!

Last edited by brainchild81; 05-05-2013 at 09:10 AM.