View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #198
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
The thing is, Cavill will obviously play a very different Superman to Reeve. More stoic, introspective and depressed/angry. Reeve's jovial, charming and relaxed character is the kind that endears more to people. Cavill has shown a similar kind of relaxed charm and quality in a lot of his previous roles, but I doubt this will be used in MOS and that's a disadvantaged already when comparing him to Reeve. Plus we've had a lot of great performances in superhero movies since Reeve so it's not as easy to come in and do something that makes as big a mark as Reeve did back then. Almost impossible, IMO.
I'd really rather have a Superman who can be both. Stoic, angry, depressed or whatever when dealing with an invasion by Zod's army and relaxed, charming, jovial and friendly when he's dealing with something comparatively easy, like a falling helicopter or bank robbers. I really hope we get to see Superman being Superman before dealing with Zod btw. And when I say Superman, I mean in the suit, not teen Clark rescuing a school bus or adult, bearded Clark rescuing workers on an oil drilling platform.