View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #118
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: Andrew Garfield wants Spider-Man to be Gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I got that part, it was just the use of the term logical and juxtaposing that with the context of a fictional setting. I read into that you may have thought that was illogical whereas I was trying to say you can't really apply the same rules. Though I could have misread into that.
Nah, I wasn't trying to imply any of that. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Well personally if they were to change it then I would argue that those traits be built upon. It need not betray the core of the character and could be another layer to the character.
That's actually a fair point, but I would argue that there are other ways that a writer could achieve (more or less) the same result in much less unnecessary and controversial ways.

Quote:
Could be an option...
It should be an option, I think.

Quote:
Though not knowing what future creators motivations could be I think it would be unfair to rule out an honest reason for them to just stick with changing Peter.
What do you mean?

Quote:
Currently. I don't mean the change to a different character. I was actually referring to Ultimate Spider-man (Peter Parker) who wasn't exactly beholden to the 616 mythology either.
Oh, sorry about that. I thought you meant that because the current Ultimate Spider-Man is black, that was ample excuse to make major changes to his 616 counterpart. My mistake.

Anyway: I'm not saying that every little thing has to stay the same. I like change. Change is good. But there are some things that don't need to be (and perhaps even shouldn't be) changed.

Quote:
Thank you.
No problem. I'm very glad we can have this conversation without resorting to personal attacks. You seem like an intelligent fellow and I'm enjoying this exchange of ideas.