Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #56
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Default Re: The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX

The
Glass
GRODD Menagerie
Part Four: Gorilla Warfare

“Hutchison's Law: Any occurrence requiring undivided attention will be accompanied by a compelling distraction.” - Robert Bloch

I sit, alone in my personal monitor bay, watching the screens before me. Reports coming in from Star City, where Krypto, Superman's dog, runs rampant in the streets.

The death toll currently sits at three. A bit low for an hour's worth of rampaging, but the dog is still running unchecked, so more fatalities will surely follow.

Another monitor shows the situation in Central City. As planned, my Royal Flush Gang had arrived to hold up the very bank that the Mirror Master was currently robbing in secret. While I care not who wins, or if the peons I paid even succeed, I must say that my interest is piqued regarding the Gang's performance in this conflict with the Rogues.

Thus far, about five humans have been injured or killed in the crossfire. That should serve as an adequate distraction. Particularly given the odd politics between the Rogues and the Flashes.

I press a button on a nearby console.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes Lord Grodd, we are near the target." comes the voice of my pilot.

"Fire when ready, then retreat. Check in once you are clear of Gotham airspace."

The bomber I sent is equipped with the best in stealth technology, but little do my pilots know, it is set to teleport into orbit five minutes after its payload is delivered. While I hate sacrificing loyal troops, these gorillas have pledged themselves to me, and will die for me if needed.

Discretion and secrecy is needed.

Fifteen minutes pass and my sensors indicate that the bomber has been... disposed of. I alter the settings on my monitors.

I sit back and smile, knowing that my smokescreen is complete, as I watch the destruction and panic in Gotham's streets as a "mysterious aircraft" bombed Arkham Asylum.

Now, with sufficient distractions, Phase Two and the real plan can commence.