SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Default Re: The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX

The
Glass
GRODD Menagerie
Part Six: Unleashing the Beast Within

"Every man has a wild beast within him." - Frederick The Great, King of Prussia

Circe's claims were not boastful, as soon as I press the appropriate button, a wave of pink electric energy bursts forth from the "bomb" and travels in every direction. Each human struck by the wave double over in agony as their bodies transform.

After a moment, Circe and I are surrounded by humanoid animals. Canines and felines, equines and bovines, avians and reptilians, even some with a more proper primate appearance than they had before the transformation, as well as all manner of others.

I place a communicator to my ear, contacting troops I had stationed five miles north of the "bomb".

"Has it reached you yet?"

"Yes, Lord Grodd."

"And the humans?"

"All within the blast radius were transformed. Those you had placed outside of it remain human."

"Excellent. Do away with the remaining humans, and lead the bestiamorphs to me."

Three more calls to the gorillas stationed to the South, East and West confirm that the desired effect had been attained.

"It seems that this device indeed does what you promised, Circe."

"Told you."

"I am pleased. How many more of these "bombs" do we have ready now?"

"Ten, Lord Grodd." interjects one of my lieutenants.

"Very well. That will be an adequate start.' I look to Circe, "Will a force of three thousand be sufficient for your invasion of the island?"

"You will be arming them as promised?"

"Of course."

"Then yes, three thousand will be sufficient payment for the ten orbs, as well as any more you may need in the future." She extends her left hand in an offer for a handshake.

I narrow my eyes momentarily, then grasp her hand in agreement.