View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #336
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
I don't really support Moira/Charles in this movie because to me FC was too busy SCREAMING at me that there was something going on between Erik and Charles. But when I heard there were going to be scenes between M/C I was excited because I thought it would give the sudden kiss at the end some cred. I heard too that the scenes really helped develop Moira as a character, something else I wanted to see.

I was so disappointed. The first scene is fun but the atmosphere is very rushed. I do like though that Moira had the professionalism "yeah you're cute but technically I'm in charge of you so this can't happen", it gave her some personality. However the second scene feels even MORE rushed and out of left field than the kiss that was left in. :/ I didn't feel that it developed their relationship at all or her as a character. They go from drinking wine to making out in all of 20 seconds, with no lead-up or anything. These too-short scenes could have been put in or taken out and I would still consider Moira to be pretty useless and still not be convinced that she was anything more to Charles than a good lay. :P It's too bad, because in other versions she's useful and badass
I agree that second scene was rushed as all hell. Surely there was some sort of lead-up to that scene that was filmed and we're not not being shown.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote