View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #86
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Clinton Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post

Again, you are flat out wrong. He has done an incredible amount of charity work with the Clinton Foundation, Clinton Global Initiative, and the Clinton/Bush Haiti Fund. To suggest that he is a 'worse person than he was President' is incredibly unintelligent. You're letting your partisan views cloud your judgement. (With all due respect.)
I don't necessarily think that doing charity work proves that you are a good or better person....BUT, I also don't think he is any different now than he was in office. AND, I actually think he is probably padding his legacy....which most former Presidents do that. I think that is why I respect the first Bush more out of office than I did in.....he just does what he asked, helps when he is needed, and doesn't seem to seek out the cameras....I don't know that I can say that about Clinton. OF COURSE, you won't hear me complaining, he is doing good for some organizations that I work with....so hey, screw his motives......he'll have to take that up with God later on, not me.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~