View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #134
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: METROPOLIS-The City's "Portrayal"

Well if you watch the Comic Con trailer (if you can still find it), we get a few glimpses of Metropolis. More specifically, we get a glimpse of 2 buildings for about 2 seconds when (presumably) Zod and Superman are flying towards each other at one point in the trailer. Both buildings kinda looked stylized in that one scene and not like your average skyscraper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
And that is totally fine with me. They can make Krypton or Colu or whatever as outlandish as they want, but I like Earth to be relatively normal aside from the super beings that start springing up. To me, the Superman story doesn't take place in the future, but the present, and making Metropolis noticeably more high tech than any existing city would just be jarring to me.
It doesn't necessarily have to be too high tech - just a bit more futuristic than the average American city. I don't see how that would be a problem or it would be unrealistic since there already are cities that look a bit more futuristic than the average American city. Take Dubai and Singapore for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
He's said that MoS will be almost documentary-style compared to his other work.
What does that even mean? lol

Last edited by Shikamaru; 09-09-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote