View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #30
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Disagreeing With The Critics On Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I hated what they did with Pa Kent. It seemed needlessly dark, and downright cruel with how he went out.
Really? It seemed like a loving father sacrificing himself because of his son to me. It wasnt like he was saying "yeah Clark you watch me die and suffer mu. ha. ha." he didn't want Clark to save him out of fear of the consequences Clark would face.

The only thing I didn't like was that the reason he went back was cause of the goddamn dog. Bit of imagination would have done there.

I also don't get you mean by walking around aimlessly. That was the point of the first half. Him in-between jobs, tracking down anything that could be connected to his origin. He knew he was special but had no idea what to do with it.

And why would there be other Superheroes and villains? This is a film not a comic book, you cant just have bad guys come in without set up halfway through to fight Superman when Clark himself isn't even Superman. Plus it contradicts the whole point about the world not being ready if he just hops into the suit when a threat comes, it also wouldn't make any sense for Superman to react the way he does after killing Zod if he fought before.

You whole reason for disliking the film makes no sense to me.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Last edited by Deserana; 07-03-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote