View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #615
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Default Re: Post iconic/memorable scenes you would like to see adapted for Batman vs. Superma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I hate this scene. Batman is depicted as a violent idiot (who tries to punch Superman for no reason) and Superman comes off as a boastful dick.

It completely fails to capture either character, and ends up making both look like bro douchebags. It's like someone decided to take the mindset fanboys have about the rivalry between Batman and Superman and actually apply it to the characters, like bad fan fiction. I understand that Superman wasn't in a great mindset in this story, but all the same.
I kind understand what you're talking about, it felt a bit forced when I was reading it for the first time, but it's not really the first and only time for Batman to react impulsively and trying to hit someone without a second thought. He is supposed to be a bit of jerk, especially when he's on the patrol and gets in that state of mind.

And I don't agree that it was for no reason, at least not for Batman... it's exactly how I'd expect him to react when someone suddenly turns up in his city and starts doing his job right in front of him (and also the police and witnesses), it was like Superman tried to humiliate him by showing his dominance over him to Batman and the people of Gotham.

Superman was definitely a bit jerk of here, but as I said before, and as you recognized it yourself, he is supposed to be out of his usual character in this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
For Tomorrow vastly pales in comparison to Luthor.

However, a lot of people like Jim Lee's art, so you could buy it for that. It does try to get into the head of a Superman who has basically "lost" by the beginning, but doesn't really develop it.

I forgot to add that it indeed fell flat in the end.

But it had few very good moments of getting into Supermans head here and there.

Last edited by KillerWolf; 09-01-2014 at 11:59 AM.
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote