View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #199
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Default Re: This show in the larger MCU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
That I can get behind. And I think that's the most probable reason as well. And the fact that writers like to power up or down characters to serve frantic purposes. As cool as it was to see Cap pull a helicopter down, if he can pull 3000lbs, he should be able to more easily incapacitate people as well. But then we wouldn't have those knifty action scenes.

They do the same thing with Elecktra, if she can go hand to hand with Luke and Jessica, one hit should take Matt out of a fight. But that would make for a boring action sequence.
Alright, I'm glad we could come to an understanding then. So...even if we don't want the same things, perhaps we still see eye to eye on these particular in-universe situations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
No it's not. Everyone is guilty of hypocrisy at some point or another, and pointing that out is not wrong. But it is speculative to assume Tony would have wanted their help in the first place. This is what I think you're having a hard time understanding.
I understand what you're saying, you're being reasonable. I'm not saying that pointing it out is wrong nor am I saying that you don't have merit in calling me that, but I was brought up to believe it's a pretty bad insult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4stic View Post
BW is already apart of his group and is apart of the avengers already. She's there because she's apart of te avengers. Tony isn't recruiting here. She's already apart of it.
...no one said anything about recruiting BW. But she's on Tony's team, and Daredevil is as at least as effective as her so if he has her on his team it doesn't make sense for him to not want him too.

Quote:
NY wasn't a key setting. Titan and Wakanda were key settings along with thanos' ship and the dwarf star. NY is a footnote in the movie. It would've been nice to see more characters there, but it doesn't add anything to do it even if they were allowed to. Timing is still an issue with retired, anti-social and imprisoned people. If someone wants nothing to do with superheroism, they'll be harder to convince and that's more time. Even being in prison takes a little more legal time to wrangle, especially with Tony plnning to take the person out of the country. Then there's the things that Tony is interested in in spider-man's abilities.
Technically the whole galaxy was a key setting since half the population was wiped out. That would mean a good portion of NY's population was wiped out too. But regardless of that, NY might become a primary setting in Av4 and if the Netflix characters do nothing, then it's a plot hole.

Quote:
You don't need it. If you know enough to know these characters, you'll know their situations are out of sorts at the moment, in connection with Tony's time limit. If you don't, it won't matter.
I don't need what? What the hell are you talking about?

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote