View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #356
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Your top 5 things that needs to be "fixed" for the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
Much as I'm not technically against the next Batman being a part of a 'DC film universe' and much I liked Man of Steel... (well, I say "liked", "didn't hate" would be a bit more appropriate) I really don't want Snyder's blue-filtered, 'realistic' Superman to be the one Batman finally meets onscreen.

Like I said, I didn't hate the movie and Cavill was good in the role... but it really didn't mesh terribly well with my idea of what Superman is, and more importantly what the DC Universe is...
See, I don't get that point of view. What MOS delivers is the beginning of Superman. The end of the movie is the beginning of Clark/Kal-El becoming Superman. He has to go through a lot to get to that point. And secondly, what exactly is your idea of what the DC universe should be? A lighter tone with one-liners during a crisis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If they want to tie Batman in with a bigger universe, fine, but don't go Iron Man 2 overboard with it.

At the beginning of the film, we see Batman's super computer piling up research on this Supermam that showed up while he gets a call of a villain disturbing the peace(The Riddler) and he takes that villain to Arkham Asylum. Yes, that's right, I want a AA/AC inspired reboot, but with Dr. Strange as the main villain and take out Joker and the League of Shadows. Use Dr. Strange and other villains that would work into the psychology of Batman: Riddler, as I mentioned, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter and maybe even Clayface?

That whole idea will keep Batman away from doing anything else related to the "bigger picture" of the Justice League and what have you as he'll be a lone man on a mission. Very Die Hard-esque.
The reboot needs to look to the Arkham games and the Animated Series for inspiration. Your concept is what I was thinking too. Replace Joker with Riddler. I would give Joker a cameo or some great reference to say that he's locked in Arkham somewhere "safe" and you just hear him laughing on one floor in the Asylum, as Batman passes by to get to the next floor.

I would have small roles by Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist (cameo), Calendar Man (cameo), Killer Croc (Man-Bat or Clayface appearances could be cool too), Strange as a big villain along with Riddler. References to Two-Face and Scarecrow without showing them.

Then a sequel would actually be the 4th time you see that version of Batman. Maybe it's a different actor by then, who knows. But do Dick Graysons origin. Have Penguin and Black Mask as the antagonists.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc

Last edited by shauner111; 06-21-2013 at 09:11 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote