View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #96
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Ummm... He never says 'I'm just Clark?'... I mean I can't say too much about the comics because I'm not as well read as I'd like yet... But I know for a fact he's said that on 'Lois and Clark' and 'Smallville', whether you want to count those as legitimate interpretations within the franchise or not.
Whether or not their legitimate dosent change the fact that the comics....the source of Superman has characters refer to him as "Kal", and he dosent object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
And an adopted kid still thinking of himself as the name he's had his entire life, instead of just randomly switching it in his head, doesn't mean he doesn't CARE about Krypton or his heritage, or even that it doesn't become a part of him.

But it's what he is called in his mind.

Let me try and put this in a simple scenario.

Say he is mentally scolding himself for messing up a date with Lois.

Does he think 'Nice one, Clark' 'Nice one, Superman' or 'Nice one, Kal-el'...?

Now do you see what I'm saying?
He can think all three of those things (maybe not Superman, except sarcastically). He IS all three of those things.

Again, people act like individuals dont change. Just because you thought a certain way at 15 dosent mean you'll always think that way. Especially when you're Superman and have higher brain functions than everyone else anyway.

Clark is an alien, not just a human being who happens to get powers.

Its amazing to see how a lack of knowledge on Superman's whole history can affect a fan's perspective.

Last edited by The Batman; 07-13-2011 at 11:59 AM.