View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #132
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

Default Re: Dear Kevin Feige... please don't slowly turn Marvel Studios into Fox or Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Not fickle, just fed up. Many fans suffered through all the crap from 1998 when Marvel's films really started all the way till now. Marvel Studios in-house films were a lifeline to me at a point when I was ready to just give up on the genre entirely in film. And I liked/loved everything they did up until IM3 to varying degrees. But now they have shown themselves to be as misguided as Sony/Fox ever were. I'm not 100% giving up after this one stinker but my enthusiasm is now on the decline. More films like this and it could evaporate entirely as it was close to doing in 2007.
This is the definition of fickle. If you liked/loved most of their pre-IM3 stuff, one story decision shouldn't destroy your confidence in the studio. Fox and Sony had a string of misfires (Sony with Ghost Rider and Spider-Man 3 and Fox with Fantastic Four, X3, Wolverine, and for the most part Daredevil with only X2 as a hit in that span of 2003-2009).

It's pretty sad all that goodwill Marvel Studios built up from Phase 1 can go away so easy with one decision. This backlash reminds me of the backlash with Sam Raimi after Spider-Man 3 and (to a much lesser degree) Nolan for TDKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
A poorly executed one. Do you honestly think if it was a well executed twist then people would be blowing up about it?
I think people are more angry that they didn't get their Mandarin from the comics than the execution of the twist. The execution of the actual twist wasn't bad, but Killian's character definitely could have used more work.

Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote