View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #140
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Dear Kevin Feige... please don't slowly turn Marvel Studios into Fox or Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It's pretty clear that you don't get it. I can't answer you point for point because you failed to make any coherent arguments. "...like Binladen he would probably have a lot of fanatic followers besides the people he saved, while the best Killua had besides the ambutee extremis soldiers were some hired guns, one even surrendered himself." What does that even mean?
Actually, since the problem is that i can't properly write here then you're the one that doesn't get it,
Sorry, English is not my primary language, let me rephrase it:
The decoy Mandarin was a sort of Binladen terrorist, and from what the film showed he had followers in some countries, the same way Al-qaeda does, having blind followers like those is a great asset since most are willing to sacrifice themselves for "the mission".

Killian however was just a rich business guy, the people he has working for him are hired mercenaries and the extremis warriors, the later will probably follow him more blindly because of what he did for them, however they're not that many. The mercenaries are doing what they were paid for, and don't particularly care for Killian, one of them even surrendered himself when Tony freed himself.

And when i say that the decoy mandarin had an army of Extremis goons i'm not talking about how the movie ended up being, but about how it could have been had Killian not been the true Mandarin but just an associate to the terrorist.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote