View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #35
EssayM
Just A Guy

Default Re: Things That Would Get You Interested In This Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gael View Post
I really tried to give them a chance. Honestly, they could have convinced me really easily that they have learned from their mistake. I was open.

Of course, FF is a material that work way better in the MCU, because they are the heart of the Marvel Universe in the comics.

But, well, I wouldn't have blame Fox for that.

The only thing that I wanted to give them a chance was "a sign". "We have understood that the franchise has a big value, and will treat it like "The Wolverine""

The movie lost me with the casting, and now, with this casting, it's near impossible to convince me.

On the other hand, Trank pretty much convince me that he wanted to do his own universe, his own characters.

It's not a bad thing, not at all. I have no problem to seea (non FF) superhero movie from Trank with Miles Teller, Michael B Jordan and Jaimie Bell fighting a big female villain. I have no problem with that.

The problem I have is that it isn't Fantastic Four. Trank doesn't understand the FF and doesn't care of the materia.

I want a casting with a middle aged Reed and a middle aged Ben

I want a tough Ben

I want a Johnny who is like Johnny : the youngest of the FF and Sue Brother.

I want a complex and tortured Doctor Doom (and a male one)

I want the story of a dysfonctional family (with people from different age) traveling in epic and exotic alien worlds.

And I want a fun but epic movie.

So it's pretty clear that only a miracle can bring me to see it in theater.
To be fair, it's possible they might be playing different ages than they are in real life. Andrew Garfield is pushing 30, but damn if he can't play a convincing high school student. The family dynamic could still come across on screen.

Also, with the recent announcement, I think we can safely say they're no longer going with a female Doom.

"Oh, I'm not gonna kill you...I'm just gonna hurt you really, really bad."
EssayM is offline   Reply With Quote