View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #36
Joe Rockhead
Side-Kick

Default Re: Things That Would Get You Interested In This Movie

I have no problem going for a UFF version of the Fantastic Four for this movie. I think that series had some missteps along the way but some of the storylines worked quite well.

I think the Annihilus storyline in particular was an excellent departure from the 616 version.
I also rather enjoyed the twists in introducing Thanos, and the Super Skrull.

UFF wasn't all bad. I think Ben, Johnny and Sue were portrayed pretty accurately from the get-go. The biggest damage was to Reed and Victor - arguably the most important characters to "get right".

Putting Victor in the original mix of the accident was a clear mistake, and I really think giving him the organic armor, poison breath and goat legs was just all kinds of wrong.

The problem with making Reed so young is that it's hard for characters in positions of authority to respect him with no prior evidence to support his position. He's supposed to be the premiere scientific mind on the planet. Coming from a kid, to characters like Fury and Stark - he's just some arrogant punk kid. The dynamic is lost.

I have very little confidence with this movie getting anything right beyond the names and powers of the main 4 characters. And that's why calling it the Fantastic Four seems to me the biggest failing of all.

Joe Rockhead is offline   Reply With Quote