View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #968
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
5-10 movies with the OT cast is most certainly not going to happen.

What actor would want to do an additional 5-10 movies ON TOP of the four they've already done before (six if you're talking about Hugh).
We are already getting the 4th film featuring the OT cast. So if you really think this is the last film featuring the OT cast, then sure 5to 10 movies with the cast is most certainly not going to happen.

And I do think if these actors were given a 3 to 8 picture-deal, some of them would have accepted the offer. Anna Paquin managed to do 6 seasons of True Blood (of course if she's given a chance to appear in more X-Men movies, she would say yes. Ian McKellen managed to do six-LOTR films. Shawn Ashmore and Daniel Cudmore are definitely going to say yes. Patrick Stewart had a cameo in the Wolverine movies and he was also a voice-actor in some X-Men videogames. Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for more than 5 times, maybe he won't comeback for the 10th time but still. The rest, who knows. Maybe if they are all content with their careers and they want to move away from the X-Men franchise then so be it. But as of right now, except for Alan Cumming, it looks like everybody (even the cast members who weren't asked to return for DOFP) are willing to return in future movies.

Here's the count for the appearances of the OT cast in all X-Men movies (including DOFP

7- Hugh Jackman
6- Patrick Stewart
5- Ian McKellen
4- Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn
3- Daniel Cudmore, James Marsden
2- Ellen Page, Aaron Stanford

I wouldn't be shocked if in the next 2 to 5 years, we would be talking about these actors returning for another X-Men movie.

My Marvel Studuos' comic book (adaptation) films ranking: Soon!

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-13-2013 at 12:03 AM.