View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #295
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,107
Default Re: Discussion: The Second Amendment III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallic View Post
You are far more likely to be a victim of a violent crime in public than you are in your own home.

When CCW laws were first introduced, the anti-gun people would scream at the top of their lungs that blood would run in the streets and that people would shoot each other over the smallest things. In Florida among a few other states, they tracked the actual instances of a CCW holder committing a crime. They stopped after a few years due to the fact that there were so few crimes committed by them.

Even if you would rather "shoot" someone than take a beating, the legal repercussions (which should be taught when taking the CCW training courses) are enough to scare anybody away from using their gun except for defense of life or serious bodily harm. Over the past 20 or so years, CCW holders have proven themselves to be a law abiding and responsible group of people. If they haven't started "snapping" and shooting people yet, they probably won't in the future either.
When one of the CCW holders finally does snap, you can be guaranteed that the media will be all over it, somehow ignoring the years and thousands upon thousands (millions?) of holders who have never done anything.

Although, when it does happen, I can only hope another CCW holder is the one that stops them. The media will have a stroke trying to figure out how to sensationalize it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline