View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
kalhawj
Side-Kick

Default Re: MOS review thread (NO DISCUSSION)

Here are some reviews from tweeter... Ref

Quote:
MOS is awesome. Best summer movie yet.
Quote:
I loved MOS. Completely disagreed with people nitpicking “not enough personality.” It’s different: Bigger action, tight, VERY focused story.

Quote:
Man Of Steel is unlike any Superman film you’ve ever seen. Initial thoughts: Looked amazing, action was stunning, Cavill & cast excellent.
Quote:
Best film he’s made. I loved his Watchmen, but this is a better fit for his skills. Oh, and there was no slo-mo
Quote:
Rusty was great, got a nice opening scene. K-Cost rocked the world weary farm wisdom of Pa Kent like a boss.
Quote:
as much as I enjoyed Returns, this is an entirely different beast. Returns felt anachronistic somehow. MoS is of this time.
Quote:
Singer’s film was too tied to Donner’s. This shrugs off any creative shackles and paints with a free brush.
Quote:
An anonymous tipster who wrote in to AICN had similarly nice things to say.

Overall, it’s gloriously flash and fun, bold and hallucinogenic, all the while having a touch of grit, grain and gravity. What it is is seriously geeky, and was probably made to appeal to Superman fans first and foremost. This is because it takes its mythology seriously. It’s a long movie, but it’s never boring. It does return to the greatness of the first two movies.

kalhawj is offline   Reply With Quote