View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #469
slumcat
Banned User

Default Re: Goyer Admits They Didn't Plan How 'Reporter Clark Kent' Could Make Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
1) We don't know what the predator drone was for. Superman assumes it was to figure out where he hangs his cape, but it may have been for other reasons. The military may have simply wanted to track him, to measure his top speed, etc and perhaps they already know his identity, but they want more information.

2) If the military doesn't want journalists around Smallville, then they'll be gone. The media in the USA doesn't ask the hard questions, and that's both by design and due to the system. This is well-documented.
I don't think the media could let a story as gigantic (it is basically the biggest news story in human history) as an alien invasion go away.

I don't think the government would even be within its rights to disallow reporting on this. I mean seriously?

And how about some rationale on WHY the government would prevent journalists from reporting on this?

And how about "leaks" and slippages and what not. I mean a kid living next door to the Kent farm could post an Instagram and that would be it.

How on earth can this story stay hidden?

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote