View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #800
Hcmarvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
He is held to a higher standard(by the film makers), and the point is proven in the simple comparison between his film and damn near any other hit superhero film these days. Some people want an even higher standard to be met it seems.

How is it that you came to this conclusion?
Look I'm not saying he was celebrating killing Zod. And I know he seemed sad about it after. But I felt that it was because by killing Zod he was now the only Kryptonian left in the universe (I guess a few of them are in the Phantom Zone but he had no way to get to them). But, not to answer your question with a question, but what part of killing Zod was bad for Clark? We never learn that he had a rule against killing, so it's not some shattering of his moral fiber. He saved the family, saved the world...all in all killing Zod was definitely the "right" thing to do.

The only reason to not kill if you are a hero like Superman, is because it is such a slippery slope. And people may not trust you if you do it. But once you have killed someone, there is no reason not to kill any villain who claims he will "never stop". Because none of them will ever stop. They're super-villains. It's kind of their thing.

What Snyder basically says is that Superman dipped his toe into killing baddies, said "eh...that's not for me". But he may change his mind next time. Sweet lord...