View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #232
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
No. That's not this. I've watched films like JFK, Shawshank many times, then not felt like watching it and then after a while watching it and going 'yeah, these films are boss.'

That never happened with the Raimi films. The charm and novelty wore off and once the excitement of a spidey film had waned, I just saw average films.

Whilst films would lose their initial wow, good films are still watchable and enjoyable. TDK is still very much enjoyable. But that's me.
But see, The Dark Knight does not come close to Shawshank Redemption, JFK, The Godfather, The Wizard of Oz, Goodfellas, etc. After seeing it so many times, I don't think the Dark Knight is a classic. I still think the Spider-Man movies are way above average (well, the first two), but I don't think they are far off from TDK.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote