View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #855
charl_huntress
Banned User

Default Re: Goyer Admits They Didn't Plan How 'Reporter Clark Kent' Could Make Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Bottom line: based on how MOS was constructed, there’s a whole mess of people who either know Supes’ Big Secret directly or who should be able to figure it out fairly easily. And presumably, this is the corner that Goyer admits to having painted himself into.

He doesn’t say it was a “mistake,” though; he says it was a deliberate and calculated decision. Time will tell if it ends up being - in hindsight - a major problem.
These are good points. He did leave the door open for a lot of people to know and Synder said he liked the idea of it being an "open" secret in Smallville. I don't think they fully thought that out in terms of keeping it a secret for the long term. It was obviously deliberate and calculated, but I don't think it was completely thought out, which is where I think this whole painted in the corner stuff comes from. Saying that, I don't think it's such a problem that it cant be solved with a few lines of dialogue and one or two well crafted scenes, but it is something that will need to be fixed. How or if the they resolve it is the question.

Me personally, I don't want the CK persona to disappear. I like that part of the mythos as I do think it's what helps ground the character and make him relatable. He cannot be Superman all the time. It's actually kind of boring when he is just that. So I hope they resolve things by fixing this to make sure he can keep Clark Kent as his secret identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
And Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone who celebrates enjoy the day. Take some time off from the Hype!

charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote