View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #870
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Goyer Admits They Didn't Plan How 'Reporter Clark Kent' Could Make Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I think if following Zod's death the scene was Martha and Clark and the cemetery it could have satisfied some people who felt the destruction and death wasn't acknowledged.
Not that this is the thread but:
MOS addressed it more than any other film in this genre has, by that I mean the heroes reaction. And great deal of them have committed themselves to said act. That it even had to speaks to the preconceptions no one will admit to having.

Curious why this film but not others(including the originals) need such pampering(for lack of a better word)?
I fear with the coming explanation we might get to the root of much of this films reception.

My hypothesis, Snyder directed this film with a dramatic tonal consistency that the genre's audience isn't used to and it has them double taking where they usually just accept, and move on. From destruction to death to a secret identity. Everything is all of a sudden "real" and accountable.
perhaps...

Last edited by Marvin; 11-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote