View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #47
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
If this is a Superman movie then Batman cannot be expected to shine along with Superman. I can't imagine Batman being in all his glory when this is the first we see of him with a Superman coming off a solo film and with issues that needs immediate fleshing out.

Logically this film is a MOS sequel with a guest appearance from Batman.

If this is a full out Versus film someone will be painted in a bad light. Someone will lose.

There needs to be a powerful villain or army of villains.

Goyer said Superman will be realized. The WB say that there will be a face off. Snyder put a Worlds Finest logo.

All those three scenarios conflict with each other.
Because, like I said before, they want to have their cake and eat it. Their intent, I think, is to stuff quite a bit into just one movie, which will be a pretty daunting task especially if this thing clocks under three hours.

"He (Batman) is perhaps the only genuine hero amongst them. The trauma of his parents' death is what motivates him and forces him to go on, but what makes him Batman is a decision. He took a decision to be a good guy, which is a decision in life not too many people make. He is a self-made character. He didn't get superpowers, he's not a cyborg, he made a choice to be what he is."
- Alan Grant