View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #657
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Did you ever consider that maybe the example you brought up is not true and actual nitpicking? Heck, it is technically not even nitpicking. Nitpicking consists of pointing out very small flaws that have no overall impact on the film. That scene doesn't even have that going for it, as I explained in my last response to you.

Because it's Bruce's plane. We hear Alfred say "your plane is here for you" and then we see the plane stop and wait for Bruce to get on board. I think you confused it with a line of dialogue about Lau.

I'm sorry if it upsets you that TDK isn't as flawed as TDKR.

Other than the explanation I gave you, what else do you even want me to say? Anyone can play the game you're playing. I can point out to any scene in any movie and when I get an explanation for it, I can just brush them off as a blind desperate attempt to defend the movie without anything to back it up.

No, I can't "think" of reasons to fill in the logic of Bruce getting from a boat to a plane because all the reasons are there. It's spelled out for you. There is nothing to think about; it's just there.

And finally, are you seriously comparing Bruce swimming from a boat to a plane with Bruce faking his death and walking around with no disguise in a huge tourist attraction next to Alfred? With the former being a trivial part of the film anyone would forget and the latter being a huge part that the whole film makes a big deal out of? I mean, I don't even know where to begin spelling out the differences to you.

I heard this before and it still doesn't make any sense. They couldn't have put the blame on anyone else. The police was already surrounding the building when Batman got there. The Joker and his cronies were already caught. Unless Batman and Gordon had a logical explanation how the Joker could be in two places at once or how Joker has henchmen that can teleport/turn invisible/disappear, no one would have bought that.

Funny you bring that up. I was going to make a bet with you that me - an avid fan of TDK - would be able to list a flaw the film has before you do. I was going to bring up the party scene, but you beat me to it so congrats . Yes, it is a flaw. The Joker shouldn't have been able to leave.

Here are two more flaws I can point out: How did the Joker know Batman was going to be in that interrogation room? Why did Coleman Reese wait so long to reveal Batman's identity? Neither of them are major flaws that hurt the film overall, but they're flaws nonetheless and they exist nonetheless. They are actual flaws, unlike the examples you're bringing up.

He was.

All the cops and guards at the hospital were taken out before the Joker had his good long talk with Harvey. They didn't just forget about him. They just didn't have the chance to get him out due to the Joker. Plus, Harvey left the hospital before it blew up.

The film establishes two things that makes it work:

1) The corruption in Gotham and the way Joker takes advantage of it to carry out some of his plans.

2) The fact that Joker takes control of all of Gotham's mobs by the third act.

The clean slate is stupid in comparison because it wouldn't work at all in the internet age. I also brought up real-life examples as to why it wouldn't work (i.e. Tupac).

I don't consider any of the stuff I brought up to be nitpicking, other than things I pointed out just for fun or in the name of sarcasm.

Though I have to ask all you "you hate it cuz it's not TDK" people...what caused such a sudden change of taste from BB/TDK to TDKR? It's the same production crew, same actors, same everything. Are you suggesting I suddenly changed my whole mindset on the franchise going into TDKR?

You already linked that video to us once and we talked about it. Everything they brought up was stuff we just brought up. Other than like 2 or 3 things, everything was mostly not a flaw or was a nitpick they made a big deal out of.
For one, it seems like you completely/or purposefully misread my point about the plane.

I'm not questioning Bruce swimming to a plane. I'm questioning Bruce swimming to a plane piloted by smugglers AS BRUCE WAYNE only to later be picked up AS BATMAN by arguably the same crew.

"Your plane is here." Ok, wow talk about reaching. It's just a figure of speech. tt doesn't literally mean "Bruce, the plane in which you purchased and own in now here to pick you up." And even it was his plane, who the hell was piloting it? Where did it take him?

You made the point yourself. The Joker had total control of the city. So it can be easily worked out by Batman and Gordon to pin the death of Dent on the Joker or part of his crew. The Jokers apprehension and Dents death weren't that far apart. So two of the smartest detectives in the city, one with money and resources, the other with authority, can't make up some cover story about how The Joker and/or one of his henchmen killed Dent? If the Jokers hold on the city was so absolute then it can be easily set up that one of his goons killed Dent at the time of Jokers arrest.

And yes, the guards DID forget about Dent. One runs off to check something out, leaving the other to get killed. So the whole hospital gets evacuated before Dent escapes and nobody, not one cop follows up on the order to get Dent out? That doesn't excuse the fact the most wanted person in Gotham, a bonafide terrorist, can walk in, face painted up, wearing a nurse outfit and kill people and plant bombs and have a conversation with the most important man in the city who ALREADY had a near death run in with the Joker.

There is no use arguing these points anymore. It doesn't matter how many videos, reviews, posts etc about the flaws in TDK come around, they will all be swept under the rug and rationalized. Forget the fact that The Joker is essentially omnipotent and omnipresent. Forget the fact that as soon as you start to put the pieces of his plot together they literally fall apart. Forget all the other WTF moments. Its The Dark Knight and it's perfect and it's the most best perfect piece of art to ever grace mankind.

If it's so easy to swallow that The Joker was able to infiltrate the entire underworld of Gotham and have faceless masses all under his belt that allow him to plant bombs in hospitals and ferries without any detection. Why is it so hard to swallow that the clean slate can erase ones history?